Tuesday 4 June 2013

Blogging Everyday in June - Day 4: Main Craft & Flowers...

So it's the fourth day in the Blogging Everyday Challenge and Day 4 asks: 
What is your craft/s? What is it about this craft/s that floats your boat so much?
 
My main craft is Card making. As it was something that I technically started 12 years ago (time goes really quickly!) and it's something I do on a frequent basis for friends' birthdays and the rare special event or occasion - it's a craft for me that I really do like and discovering new papers, brands, embellishments, and especially more recently - stamps and embossing with stamps - I just can't help myself. I'm also learning to shade and blend with Promarkers at the moment (as I don't own any Copics) and that in itself is really cool and interesting - especially colouring large stamped or digital images from the Greeting Farm and Some Odd Girl - which I really like doing.
 
I have done Digital Scrapbooking, Scrapbooking layouts and Jewellery making and I do like to dabble in them a little bit, but not massively as sometimes it can be for me - time consuming! Card making for me is really simple, and even using the simplest of papers, embellishments and images can create a card for any card. Your imagination is your oyster! :) It's also a great way to relax as well and create something someone will ultimately love and keep forever and that for me - makes me ridiculously happy!
 
So that's my main craft.... And today it's another double for you:
 
Craft something that has a flower theme
 
So this my card below:

Images (c) Kristy Dalman for SomeOddGirl.com
Supplies used:
Image is Bride Mae from Some Odd Girl
 EK Success Carnation Dimensional Flower Punch
Various lace from a thrift market
Sizzix Sizzlits 3 Dies Heart Set #2
Sizzix Sizzlits Die Butterfly #12
Cherry Blossoms from Wild Orchid Crafts
Curly Roses from Wild Orchid Crafts
Dovecraft Tea Doilies
Tim Holtz Adage Tickets
Adhesive Pearls
White Satin Roses from Ebay
 Tim Holtz Distress Tool
Momento Rich Cocoa Ink
Various Papers used from Prima's Fairy Belle and Botanical Paper Pad Collections
Papers from Pink Paislee's London Market Paper Pad

Hope you all like the card and the post today... Day 5 awaits tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments and feedback are very much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

- Mel x