Sunday 16 June 2013

Blogging Everyday in June - Day 13: The Learning Curve...

Day 13: What do you want to learn to do? (Crafty or Non-Crafty)

Hmmm, let me think... Personally there are probably so many things I want to try and learn, but never have enough time to, or sometimes just find new things hard to do. There's probably a million and one things I want to learn to do. Here's a short-ish list:

Learn British Sign Language
I've wanted to learn this since watching Barney the Dinosaur or Sesame Street when I was younger. Love the shapes and hand movements the words and letters make.

Learn to speak Spanish (or another language I quite like)
A few of my friends speak Spanish. My parents are from the Philippines, so Spanish is actually integrated in the language, so I know the basics, like saying hello, numbers, letters, days of the week, months of the year etc, but I'd like to have conversation with someone without having to have a phrase book or Google translate!

Learn how to Knit / Crochet (I've always found this hard - as my hands are just not coordinated enough!)
Yeah. Err, I can't understand the videos, or the magazines. It's probably a lost cause on me, but I'd still like to learn how to!

Learn how to shade / blend in when colouring with my Promarkers (Something I'm still learning!)
I've been following some YouTube videos by Kimberly Brown, and she's pretty cool, its very simple the way she colours her images in with just a 'line technique' - it's fascinating, it works, but y'know practice makes perfect!

Learn how to play drums (Or an instrument I actually like, I used to play the piano when I younger! Not anymore though)
One of my closest friends is a drummer in a band and she gave me a drumming lesson online when we used to do MSN, but once again my coordination is totally out of whack, so yeah I made a lot of noise, but I didn't get very far!

So there you go, I actually thought it was going to be a long list, but those are the first five things that sprung up. What would you like to learn that maybe new and fresh for you?

Day 14 and halfway through our Blogging Everyday in June Challenge! Time's flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments and feedback are very much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

- Mel x