Wednesday 12 June 2013

Blogging Everyday in June - Day 12: Favourite Craft Medium

Day 12 is here and today's craft ask is:
What is your favourite craft medium to work with?

My favourite medium to work with currently is stamps - mostly of the digital or polymer variety. Combine that with a few colours from my Promarkers collection and you got yourself a winner :)

In the last few years definitely, I have been loving stamping, probably out of the two kinds, I really like digital stamps at the moment and the amount of time I have spent trawling through for the perfect image for a card has been head spinning, but enjoyable because you come across images you wouldn't be able to have on a stamp. I'm a little more familiar with which digital stamps I like to use for certain friends' birthdays because I try to match the image to their personality and likeness. I will also try to match the colouring with each individual person I make cards for so that the character and recipient look alike / or are the same, so in that way its personalised. 
Some of my favourite digital stamp favourites are from Tiddly Inks, Some Odd Girl and the Greeting Farm. The characters are boldly outlined and simple enough to colour - I am a messy colourer-inner - I go outside the lines, so I have to concentrate that little bit extra - like the inner child wills me to! I'd like to get into other digital stamps from other brands, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know!

I also love the Paper Smooches stamp sets, Lawn Fawn and now WPlus9, I've also wanted to try out the Simon Says Stamp collection set too, so I might have a bit of a go during the next few months with those brands. Plus with the amount of possibilities to ink in different colours, embossing powders, distress inks, water colour pens and my favourite - Promarkers - there are no limit in possibilities in creativity! The world is your oyster!


So, that's Day 12 sorted! Whats in store for tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments and feedback are very much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

- Mel x