Wednesday 10 April 2013

My Hero!

It's a new challenge over at the Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog and this fortnight it's dedicated to the great men  and guys in our lives - whether they be your partner, husband, boyfriend, male friends or family member. So without further ado, here's your Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog task this fortnight:

We want to see a card or project for a man - with an appropriate sentiment

Our Sponsor this fortnight are Bugaboo

Here is a little bit about them...
"I have been designing graphics for 9 years, mostly for those who digitize, and now venturing into this new idea of digi stamps.   I love to draw and love to see where my designs go and how they are used.   I find making people smile with my graphics very rewarding!  For many many years I drew mostly cutesy kids graphics, a lot of which you’ll find on my site.  But my latest passion is my cranky old boots....
Stella ,Gus, Margaret and the Gals who came after them.
I just LOVE to create them and they seem to be a favorite!
What else can I say?
The name Bugaboo Stamps...how did I come up with it?
Well...... Bugaboo is a nickname i have for my kids sometimes."

- x -

So here's my creation:


I picked this image from our sponsors because I thought it would make a great dedication to the lovely guys in my life - so in this my Dad (Hey Dad!!!) and my lovely guy mates (who are awesome and make me laugh uncontrollably! Thanks guys - you know who you are!) - they're all proper 'heroes' for putting up with me! :)

Craft Supplies Used:
- Crate Paper / Paper Heart 12 x 12 paper pad
- X-Cut Square Punch
- 3D Foam dots
- Red Ribbon
- Lawn Fawn Harold ABC Letters Stamps
- Memento Black Tuxedo Ink
- Promarkers (Azure, Ruby, Oatmeal, Henna and Gold)

So this image is actually depicted on a men's tie. So as I couldn't remember what a men's tie looks like when it's someone (I did used to have one at school! A LONG time ago though!) I copied a tie template and draw it onto white cardstock and then copied this onto red paper from the Crate Paper collection. I then cut this out, left a little tab on the top for the ribbon and then coloured, cut and layered my 'Superhero' image on the tie using various other papers from the paper collection and with 3D foam dots. I threaded the red ribbon at the top of the tie and hung this on a coat hanger, so it actually looks like a proper tie!

Hope you guys my little creation, make sure you enter in this fortnight's challenge at the Aud Sentiments Blog. Tell your friends, your followers and any of your crafty friends about our challenges! Join in and get inspired! Check out our DT creations on the blog and as always - Happy Crafting! :)

Challenge ends until Tuesday 23rd April 2013

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous great work Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project! So creative and a real "outside the box" idea.
    HUgs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Thought it would be a really cool idea! Male inspiration obviously hit me somewhere! :) x

      Delete

All comments and feedback are very much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

- Mel x