Tuesday 29 January 2013

Valentine's Treat Bag - Pins DT

Welcome to another awesome challenge task at Pinspirational Challenges! Be inspired and have a look!

First of all, one of our DT is sadly leaving us - the lovely Lynn! I shall very much miss you Lynn and I know the Team will as well! Awesome crafter, card maker and lovely person! We hope to see you in blogland soon! :) xx

On that note, we are looking for another DT Member, so please add the 'DT' to your entry if you would like to be part of the Pins DT Team! :)

So... It's another week and a brand new challenge at Pinspirational Challenges! So let's get down to it! Here's your picture for this week's challenge!

 

And as it's nearly (well two weeks) until Valentine's I thought I would go down this lovely route - I've made this sweet little Treat Bag:


So this one was a bit of a 'trial and error' project. I'd been wanting to do something similar, but wasn't quite sure how to go about it as I don't have enough dies (especially Sizzix) to make anything like how I wanted to! But it turned out well!

I bought some burlap material from Ebay UK, cut two pieces to make the bag into a rectangle that measures 4 x 6 inches (approx) I then used a Tim Holtz Alterations 'On the Edge' Brackets die and then glued the two burlap pieces with fabric glue. I used paper from the My Mind Eye Lost and Found paper collection and another piece from the Glitz Pretty in Pink 6 x 6 paper pad to decorate the treat bag. I attached these onto the burlap with super glue. I also placed two pieces of paper inside the bag so that the glue didn't leak through. I used a doily as the 'cover' for the bag at the top and made the long tag using the caramel linen cardstock embossed with the Crafts Too You Hearts embossing folder, the image is from one of our Team's sponsors. I fussy cut a tag from the Prima Botanical 6 x 6 pad and self adhesives gem stones from Papermania, the ribbon attached to the long tag is from the Smirk Love and Friendship collection.

- x -

Our sponsor this week for the teams are:

Team 1: Gingerloft 
(Prize: 3 digital stamps to the winner)

Team 2: Pink Cat Studio 
(Prize: 3 digital stamps for the winner)
 

So... what are you waiting for? Join in our challenge this week and you could be a winner! Check out both Teams creations and take part in our awesome challenge!

Challenge ends: Midnight on Monday 4th Feb 2013 (Newfoundland Time)

8 comments:

  1. Positively adorable! Love all the eye candy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy! Loved the way it turned out as well! :) xx

      Delete
  2. How adorable! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Ginny x

    PS Please Turn Word Verification Off (if you don't mind)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny! Turned it off for you! Didin't realise it was on! xx

      Delete
  4. LOVE this little treat bag!!!! SO very cute. Fabulous job.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

All comments and feedback are very much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

- Mel x